Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fashion Magazines

My husband
recently
asked me to get rid of
my fashion magazines...
He says he is
concerned
about the artificial
and destructive
image that our
daughter will be
absorbing
if we keep them
in the home.
It
simply
never
occurred
to me...
I had thought of the
violent games
the
Victoria's Secret Catalogs
the
adult TV and Movies...
But fashion magazines?
I loved them so
growing up...
and yet, as I
dig deeper
I must admit
he's got a point...
I remember being a girl
and seeing the
glammed up
touched up
looked up
to models
gracing the artificially
enhanced pages...
lovely art, perhaps
but an impossibly
false
image
for this little girl
with chubby thighs...
So goodbye fashion magazines!
Perhaps both my daughter
and I
will benefit from your
departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment